Yemen Polling Center (YPC) offers fellowships to recently graduated persons. Fellows will be able to work on their own projects, while developing research, survey and polling skills by assisting YPC in the framework of its numerous projects.
YPC offers opportunities for fellows to participate in different events in Yemen and to interact with our diverse national staff and establish contacts with officials and other Yemeni stakeholders.
Responsibilities are discussed with the managing staff of YPC.
• University graduate, currently working on a research project focused on Yemen
• Demonstrated excellent writing skills
• Good qualitative and quantitative research skills
• Excellent computer skills including word processing and Excel
• Ability to meet deadlines, work under short pressure, and turn assignments around quickly
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Good judgment and ability to think creatively
• English Language is required; basic Arabic is an asset.
• Knowledge in statistical analysis and of SPSS is an asset.
During their assignment interns must be able to adapt to the local living conditions and especially the constraints of an insecure environment.
YPC will provide international fellows with an entry and residence visa. Interns will receive a stipend to cover living expenses.
Throughout the assignment, YPC encourages interns to enroll in Arabic classes.
How to apply
Please submit a letter of motivation in which you clearly state your expectations of the internship, CV, and a brief writing sample (unedited, maximum 1,000 words) to: email@example.com.
Applications without a letter of motivation will not be considered.