Yemen Polling Center (YPC) offers internships to graduate students and recently graduated persons. Interns will be able to develop research, survey and polling skills while assisting in the design and analysis of projects. Working with YPC will also allow for the improvement of Arabic language skills.
YPC offers opportunities for interns to participate in different events in Yemen and to interact with our diverse national staff and establish contacts with officials and other Yemeni stakeholders.
YPC interns are expected to assist headquarter staff and field representatives in carrying out their duties, realizing the center's mission and helping implement its different.Interns will be able to contribute to the whole project cycle - from the proposal writing to data analysis.
Duties of interns may include:
1. Reports and Proposal Writing: review, edit, and draft full or partial texts for reports and proposals as needed.
2. Research: conduct desk research, based on primary and secondary sources. Prepare background documents to be used by YPC staff as basis for proposals and/or questionnaires.
3. Meetings and Conferences: attend and/or assist with meetings, workshops, and seminars.
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program, or recently graduated
• Demonstrated excellent writing skills
• Good qualitative and quantitative research skills
• Excellent computer skills including word processing and Excel
• Ability to meet deadlines, work under short pressure, and turn assignments around quickly
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Good judgment and ability to think creatively
• English Language is required; basic Arabic is an asset.
• Knowledge in statistical analysis and of SPSS is an asset.
During their assignment interns must be able to adapt to the local living conditions and especially the constraints of an insecure environment.
YPC will provide international interns with an entry and residence visa. Interns will receive a stipend to cover living expenses.
Throughout the assignment, YPC encourages interns to enroll in Arabic classes.
How to apply
Please submit a letter of motivation in which you clearly state your expectations of the internship, CV, and a brief writing sample (unedited, maximum 1,000 words) to: email@example.com.
Applications without a letter of motivation will not be considered.