Symposium "Public Perceptions of the Security Sector and Police Work in Yemen" next Wednesday 30 January 2013 at the Police Officer ClubSaturday, 26 January, 2013
YPC is organizing a symposium on "Public Perceptions of the Security Sector and Police Work in Yemen".
It will take place on Wednesday 30 January 2013 at the Police Officer Club, Sana’a.
This symposium will present the findings of a representative nation-wide survey “ analyzing citizens’ attitudes and main concerns over security issues as well as their opinions and perceptions of the police services and its performance” . The survey was conducted by YPC between November and December 2012 within the framework of the EU-funded project Security Governance in Yemen and in collaboration with the Ministry of Interior.
The Security Governance in Yemen project aims at helping the concerned authorities strengthen and develop the security sector and its organizational structure as well as facilitating the creation of a multi-layered approach to security sector governance in Yemen that takes into account Yemen's regional and political diversity.
The event will be held in presence of Yemeni police and security officers as well as international experts, journalists and researchers.
To attend Kindly contact Ms. Lisa Jaffer, YPC Administration Affairs Officer (phone: 505647 Fax: 505 648 Email : email@example.com)
More on News
- #YemenBarometer: YPC releases major findings of nation-wide survey on living conditions and security-related issues
- Youth Lobby Group (YLG Aden) attended a training workshop on (advocacy strategies and communication skills) that organized by Yemen Polling Center (YPC) in Sanaa, Yemen.
- Women's Rights in Criminal Prosecution in Yemen
- YPC Youth Lobby Group and Journalist Association Workshops
- First Academic Workshop in Yemen discusses the "Revolution" of 2011