Vacancies & Consultancies
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Sana’a, Yemen
Date of Joining: June 1st 2017
Reporting to: President and Deputy director
The Yemen Polling Center is an independent non-governmental organization, which was established in 2004 and received its registration certificate No. 147 from the Ministry of Social Affairs & Labor in December 2005. As the first and only polling center in Yemen, YPC prides itself on providing the highest quality in social science research. Furthermore, YPC is the 2010-2016 recipient of the Best from Gallup Organization. YPC designs and performs opinion polls, surveys, and employs other methods in studies which serve the research needs of national and international institutions, non-profit organizations, corporations, government agencies, and professional associations.
The Project Coordinator provides support to the team through project design, implementation, monitoring and reporting, as well as coordination with donor organizations. The post requires working closely with the team members and the international donor organizations to ensure the timely implementation of project activities.
- The Project Coordinator will:
- Oversee all project activities and be the main contact point for the donor and the field staff
- Ensure project activities comply with the policies and regulations of the donor organization.
- Responsible for overseeing the development and execution of project deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans and monitoring processes.
- Responsible for submitting activity reports on regular basis to the donor.
- Lead and motivate the project team and monitor project activities and project expenditure and coordinate work between departments
- Ensures close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in grant agreements.
- Employs resourcefulness in project design, implementation and monitoring. Trouble shoots project problems. Identifies and implements creative solutions.
- Master’ or Bachelor degree or equivalent in social sciences, international relations, political science or related area of studies
- A minimum of three year relevant work experience in NGOs or IOs
- Previous experience implementing EU or MEPI funded projects.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic essential
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- A positive problem-solving approach
- Enthusiasm to learn and apply new skills
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills
To apply please email with full CV and covering letter, detailing how you meet the selection criteria and salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org [please use subject heading: Ref: Vacancy Project Coordinator)].
Deadline for applications: December, May 15th 2017.